Hair loss (alopecia or baldness) is a very common condition among people of all ages. However, older people are at a higher risk of alopecia because aging itself is a risk factor for hair loss. Men are also at a higher risk of baldness than women. Indeed, almost 50% of men above 60 years of age are bald.
It is easy to notice alopecia. You just need to comb your hair, and you will notice several strands on it. Hair grows in anagen, catagen and telogen cycles. Most of the hair is in the growth phase, the anagen cycle. People lose about 50-100 hair strands daily. When the hair is washed, about 250 strands are lost. This doesn’t mean that you don’t wash your hair. Instead, wash in fine moderation and follow the tips of preventing baldness religiously.
Hair loss facts
- Alopecia runs in the blood, and it is thus a heredity condition.
- It is widespread, and most people experience it at some point in their lives.
- Everybody can experience hair loss, even children. Alopecia is a condition of older people but depending on the underlying factors, it can even occur in children
- There are various types of hair loss with different causes. Some of the most common hair loss types include male and female pattern baldness, alopecia areata, anagen effluvium, telogen effluvium and scarring alopecia.
- Hair loss is treatable, but the method of treatment depends on the type and the cause. In fact, medications such as minoxidil and finasteride can be used to treat hair loss.
Alopecia is also preventable. If you take well-balanced diets and keep proper hair hygiene, your hair will remain intact.
Causes of baldness
Some of the causes of hair loss include aging, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) Trichotillomania, physical stress, over intake of vitamin A, anemia, protein and Vitamin B deficiencies, and anabolic steroids. Expectant women may also experience hair loss because of the hormonal imbalance experienced during pregnancy. Weight loss is the daily health and fitness mantra, but it will also lead to alopecia in some cases. Women love their hair, and some over style it. Applying several chemicals and lotions and styling in many different ways causes hair to either break at the shaft or have stunted growth.
In summary, hair loss is not a dangerous condition, and though it mainly comes with age, it can be prevented so that you don’t have to start looking for medication when almost half of your hair is gone. Look at tratamento natural para queda de cabelo and utilize the best remedy.